Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ellis

There must be something wrong with me
There's definitely something that is defective in me
For I can't seem to be able to live in this world
that was supposed to be designed for me and my fins

Why is it that I can't seem to fully taste this air we breathe?
With such drastic changes and slow weathers,
It seems like the more I try, the more I get suffocated
In this world that grows just a centimeter smaller in each and every glance

People whose faces are blurred and smiling shadows
Norms of manic panic and reeking hypocrisy
I am pushed down and swallowed in by the darkness they named justice
Why is it that I feel strangled by every touch that these people give me?

Something is definitely not right with me
And I know, the world itself sees it
That's why it tries so hard to reject me, and it laughs just as hard at me
As I poorly try to hide my defects and blend in with the shadow-faced crowd

No comments:

Post a Comment