Friday, January 21, 2011

Freya

If I learned how to walk and run
Right now, tonight,
If I learned now to ride a bike
I'll start to pedal to the distance
as far as my eyes could reach

By letting the old tires roll endlessly
Leaving everything, even myself and my name behind
I wonder how far could my own two feet take me
Without looking behind,
I wonder what things of this world would I see

If I dance in the middle of the street on my bare feet
If I sing merrily like a drunkard without sleep
Eyes would follow me, laugh at me, and judge me
But I wonder who among the crowd
would laugh and dance with me

I seek freedom,
Trapped in a world satisfied by explanations
I am slowly taken in by the dirt
I fear that I might forget what it is that I hold dearly
And what the sky looks like when it shines brightly

No comments:

Post a Comment