Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Hope I Was Not Misunderstood

It's all gone
I ate all of it,
Everything of my pitiful pride
Whose already so little to begin with

Played by every little thing coming from him
Whose twelve feet high above his throne
I twist, I bend, I curl,
To try and follow his every call

Perfectly pathetic as I foolishly
hold on to something that isn't there to begin with
Go ahead and laugh at me
I'll never let you see me cry anyway

One word from him,
That's all it takes to get rid of me
If I'm being too much of a bother,
If he's already sick of me, as I am with myself

Like air lost in its transparency
I am fading, melting, smudged into the background
Denied of my feelings and existence
Pushed back to the most distant distance

But what do you expect?
This is the prize you pay for a love
that's reciprocated with an apology
Let this be written in my history

But don't worry my heart, there's no need to hurry
Take a step back and enjoy the scenery
And as what my beloved  king used to say
Let the chips fall as they may

No comments:

Post a Comment